June is the first time for me to devote real time to the ebike business (which means the dissertation finally got finished!!). I started talking to salespeople, thinking I needed to learn about sales (never having worked in sales). I came away thinking I needed instead to learn about marketing. . . I'm not going to be pressuring people to buy an ebike, but I do want to find the people who would most benefit from the use of an ebike and enable them to get this new product into their lives.
Some things I aim to try: 1) get some ebikes into the hands of well-known bloggers for some reviews, 2) use Facebook and Twitter (yes, that is very vague and I need to develop a specific strategy), 3) go to where the people are and get people test riding. I do not generally attend events with lots of people, but I need to get more exposure, 4) work with others. I may hire some motivated sales people so their energy and creativity can add to the success of this endeavor.
I am actually the distributor now for all the intermountain states, which is a huge area, but most of my time will be spent near home in Logan, UT, so I think internet outreach will be my number 1 tool.
All suggestions, comments, and questions are welcome! This is a learning experience!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment